Follow

Review: "Bound by Honey" by Jamie Dalton ★★★

Review: Bound by Honey by Jamie Dalton

Creative and witty, Bound by Honey revolves around sassy librarian and apothecary Sage who meets and detests The Charming Four's leader Prince Finn. He is cursed to turn into a permanent gargoyle (much like her coworker Freddy, who can only become human in the evening). With nowhere else to stay, Sage is welcomed into their group on a quest to find the cure.

A quick and joyful read, though perhaps a bit too quick for my liking - I should very much have liked more description and characterisation in scenes as it felt rather rushed. But I love the magic, the humour, the enemy to lovers, grumpy meets sunshine tropes. The forced proximity at times felt too forced, as a lot of scenes consisted of Sage encountering Finn and then Sage encountering Finn again. The Charming Four are, indeed, charming and I love them all. It is sweet that they look out for her - and introduce their card game of Everhunt!

I relate so much to Sage being a bookworm and coffee-lover. And the best part was that she got a dragon as a companion at the end of it! If only I could achieve such things.

Comments