Follow

Review: "The Spanish Love Deception" by Elena Armas ★★★★★

Review: The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas

You had me at "Smug Clark Kent look-alike."! No, really - if a man looks like Henry Cavill, that's all it takes for me to love a book (and if he doesn't look like him I'll just make it work haha).

Catalina Martin must attend her sister's wedding in Spain and has lied to her family about having an American boyfriend. It is expected that she'll bring him along, all she has to do is actually find someone to play the part. That happens to be tall, dark, handsome but brooding Aaron Blackford, her coworker and arch-nemesis. The rest can be predicted.

The film "The Wedding Date" meets the book "The Hating Game" in this fun romantic novel (one very ideal for reading on holiday). Aaron is a goof, a grouch, a sex God and a sweetheart all at once, I love him. I am a huge fan of enemies-to-lovers and fake-dating tropes so this was a perfect read. The pacing was great, I could not put it down (I recall it only took me a few days at the most).

And Lina was so real when she said to Rosie about how the Game of Thrones ending broke her heart! We don't talk about Season 8.

Comments